Raw water wash hose

FROZEN

Guys,

Sorry, posted this in For Sale section. I'm trying to remove.

I have found that I use the raw water wash feature more than I thought I would on my "NTM" 08 22TE. I currently keep the hose coiled in the rear livewell, and remove, hook up, use, and stow. The location of the connector right below the motor is not the most convienent place to for the promulgation of good back health! AND, standing and casting on the aft deck is hard enough for old sea legs without stepping on the regular hose!

Has anyone tried one of the "self coiling into a ball" garden hoses "as seen on TV"?

Is there enough pressure generated by the pump to expand it? If so, I could leave it in a ball during the day and not wrestle with the white regular hose. 

I'm trying not to spend $40 to find an answer.

Thanks!

I use the 20 ft. expandable hose (as seen on TV). Best thing I ever did. It stores in a little ball and doesn't take up much room. Really flexible when using in restricted areas.  Yes, the pump will create enough pressure to expand the hose. I keep mine in the gunnel rod rack when fishing. The only problem I've noticed is that the pump will not shut-off when it reaches max. pressure as it did with a regular hard hose. That's because the hose continues to expand and there is not enough back-pressure.  But, that's not a big problem, I just shut off the switch on the switch panel when I'm done washing down.  

On 1/23/2017 at 6:05 AM, imsnookyrd said:

I have my outlet next to the inspection plate in the splash well and I leave my hose (the coil type)  in the splash well. It is out of the way there.

This is what I done on my '02 and it worked really well, however the TE's do not have a splash well.

Archived