Mysterious leak solved? Now how to seal it?

flatsfisher772

So for the longest time my bilge has been getting so much water in it each trip. Well I believe I narrowed it down to the live well. Specifically where the cap (underside of the deck) sits on top of the live well doesn't seem to be sealed much at all. When the live well is full and constantly running I believe it is pouring over the top and into my bilge. 

What would be the best product to seal that tightly that will not deteriorate in the water and also won't cause any issues with killing bait in the livewell? 5200? 4200? Something else? 

Thanks in advance

i have this same problem on my 1806v.  my livewell is in the center console seat and the console has delaminated from the plastic livewell tub that was glassed in.  There is now about a 1" gap in some places so I wont be able to just use sealant.  I thought about expanding foam but my mechanic told me i'd be much better off getting it reglassed.  That would entail taking off the console from the boat and flipping it upside down which sounds very time consuming and very expensive.  anyone  else have a similar experience with a gap thats too big for just sealant?

Archived