Yamaha HS4 SDS 22 Pitch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Post up when you try that Rev. I have the one you want, but it's getting worked on right now. Balanced, pitch verified, and possibly a back cut. Stock, on the same boat as your signature boat, but with a 250 SHO, I could only swing it to 5600 rpm with full fuel and 4 batteries. I did see 61.4 mph at that rpm. Planing took a little longer than I like, but wasn't terrible. I should be able to swing 59-6100 when I get it back from Rich.  You should fly with that 300! 

The 23 pitch Rev4 was awesome on my 23 HPS with F300. Got 65 mph with tourney load when it was new. I thought that was incredible for 2 guys (500+ lbs), 3/4 fuel and some gear. After a few months I could only manage 63 so could have been conditions or wear? Nevertheless it was a great prop for me with that boat/motor combo. I tried the same prop on my 23 HPS with 250 SHO and couldn't get 60. Ended up going with the 22 HS4 like you just sold and it works well. 61-63 mph, some of the Merc Bravo's are faster but it seems like they wear out pretty quick. Fast when new, but they will slowly lose that edge and drop speed. 

Josh B.

Archived