2006 PF TE Water on Deck, Etc

dcathey

I just bought a new to me 2006 PF TE. I put it in the water today and found a few problems that I didn't notice in seatrial. All seem to be fairly easy fixes but I wanted to make sure I'm fixing it the correct way .

1.) water on the deck- I looked at scupper drain tubes and there is some kind of fitting hose clamped in line on both drain lines. Are these factory? Or is this aftermarket and something I need to clean/service?

2.) center rear livewell needs a reseal at the top, what is the best product? It appears to have been done before with 5200 or something but needs to be freshened up

3.) does the cast net locker drain to the bilge? I had a lot of bilge water today and was wondering if the water that ran forward from the scupper issue got in there from cast net locker?

i appreciate the help, I'm considering Rabuds but wanted to know what that thing is clamped in line on my scupper drains. Also, what rabuds are yall buying with a jack plate. My JP is real close to scupper drains on transom.

IMG_9553.JPG

dcathey

The 2006 TE does have inline one way valves in the deck drain from the factory. Any debris going down the deck drain can easily get stuck in the valve and prevent from closing fully, thus let water go up the drain. Rabuds will work well, but I have had good luck blasting water down the drain to clear the valves from debris.

You can buy replacement  in-line scupper check valves from T-H Marine if your present check valves are leaking badly after cleaning, or you can buy Rabuds. Each have their own Pro and Cons.

The cast net locker drains to the bilge.

The fitting in the scupper hoses are one way rubber check valves.  They are supposed to allow water to drain overboard but not back through to the deck.  I don't have them, but by all accounts, the 3 inch rabuds work great at preventing back flow.  You probably want to clean out the scupper hoses as well as you can from inside the boat.

i have heard 5200 to seal the live well, and then others say something like silicone that is flexible for the inevitable movement and the adhesive quality.

Congratulations on the new boat and we enjoy lots of pictures!

20 hours ago, dcathey said:

I just bought a new to me 2006 PF TE. I put it in the water today and found a few problems that I didn't notice in seatrial. All seem to be fairly easy fixes but I wanted to make sure I'm fixing it the correct way .

1.) water on the deck- I looked at scupper drain tubes and there is some kind of fitting hose clamped in line on both drain lines. Are these factory? Or is this aftermarket and something I need to clean/service?

2.) center rear livewell needs a reseal at the top, what is the best product? It appears to have been done before with 5200 or something but needs to be freshened up

3.) does the cast net locker drain to the bilge? I had a lot of bilge water today and was wondering if the water that ran forward from the scupper issue got in there from cast net locker?

i appreciate the help, I'm considering Rabuds but wanted to know what that thing is clamped in line on my scupper drains. Also, what rabuds are yall buying with a jack plate. My JP is real close to scupper drains on transom.

IMG_9553.JPG

1) If it was my boat, I would ditch the check valves and go to Raybuds.  You will have tons of problems keeping those clear of debris in my opinion.

2) I think what you need is called bulb seal.  Get it here https://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-gaskets/=164jz9k

3) Bilge

Thanks for that seal link, I need those as well but I need to caulk inside the well where it meets the underside of casting deck. What product is best for that?

Im getting ready to order Raybuds, I attached pic of my scupper drains at back of boat, does that appear to be enough room with the jack plate? Also for guys with older Pathys, some model numbers, spacer info, etc. , I would appreciate it.

I also got to find a livewell light, mine has a crack and I'd like to put a newer brighter one in there, anyone got a good source?

IMG_9554.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9556.JPG

Dustin,

First things first....congrats on the new sled!!!!  That will be a triple tail killer.  The light you need for the live well is made by Seachoice.  They make an LED one with a 1" hole that will be a perfect fit.  Seachoice part # 05461 make sure you order the 1". I'd mix up some marine Tex filler to fill those old screw holes to make a complete seal.  The light I'm talking about has a big plastic nut so the light is thru bolted so to speak.  Put a good bead of 5200 around the base and you will be good to go for at least 10 more years.  Go ahead order the rabuds with the spacer ring......they are a must have on the older 20" transom Pathfinders.  

Thanks Skip, we are excited about it. I looked that light up and it may be too small to grab any glass, I have a 1" hole in there and that one calls for a 5/8". Will it make it?

I found this one at academy, I'm gonna swing by and see if it'll work.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_1021879_-1?sku=025398876&gclid=CLj0s_jV6NECFQwTgQodmAgBnw&kwid=productads-adid^104476476198-device^m-plaid^250389800718-sku^025398876-adType^PLA

After I get these few things done it'll be a good ride. That 250 makes that boat roll. Good tip on the paint, there's a few dings in the hatches that I'm going to repair after I get it serviced this week and install rabuds

1 hour ago, dcathey said:

Also while y'all are helping out, where can I source bracket for center hatch front casting deck for shock? It's the one mounted inside the hatch and not the lid? The one on the boat was in bad shape and West didn't have one that worked

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/hardware-sl48-right-hand-crescent-bracket

This it?

Archived