Fuse panel bad?

Convertible13

How can I tell if my fuse panel is bad? My trim tabs, live well pumps and nav lights don't work. Fuses arent blown. My gps/fishfinder and bilge pump work. Could the wiring  be the problem? I replaced the trim tab switches and get nothing. 

If it's the problem, where can I get a duplicate fuse panel for a 2002 MA 21?

Do you have power to the engine ?

Get a circuit tester or multimeter, only about $10.  Check the main battery selector switch if one is installed.  Make sure it is set to the proper position and functioning properly.  Check/clean connections.

Check for power coming into the fuse box.  Double check/clean both main terminal connections at the box AND the battery.  A battery cable can corrode inside the insulation rendering it useless.  A bad connection or corroded lead would be the most likely.

If your GPS is wired correctly, it is probably wired direct to the battery, bypassing the fuse box.

If the bilge has an automatic mode AND is wired correctly, the auto mode bypasses the fuse box.

It would be unusual for a fusebox to go "bad" without physical damage. 

If you do need one they aren't that expensive.  You can get one as small or as large as you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Blade-Block/dp/B001P6FTHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485808773&sr=8-1&keywords=marine+fuse+block

4 hours ago, Grant said:

Do you have power to the engine ?

Get a circuit tester or multimeter, only about $10.  Check the main battery selector switch if one is installed.  Make sure it is set to the proper position and functioning properly.  Check/clean connections.

Check for power coming into the fuse box.  Double check/clean both main terminal connections at the box AND the battery.  A battery cable can corrode inside the insulation rendering it useless.  A bad connection or corroded lead would be the most likely.

If your GPS is wired correctly, it is probably wired direct to the battery, bypassing the fuse box.

If the bilge has an automatic mode AND is wired correctly, the auto mode bypasses the fuse box.

It would be unusual for a fusebox to go "bad" without physical damage. 

If you do need one they aren't that expensive.  You can get one as small or as large as you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Blade-Block/dp/B001P6FTHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485808773&sr=8-1&keywords=marine+fuse+block

all good advice..

check the connection to the fuse panel....most likely your ground (black) wire could be just slightly loose....or you have a fuse going to the panel....in line that could be bad or blown..

check all the ground connections to the battery...

DC

Archived