2012 Tenn Maverick HPX-18

Bonecracker

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-maverick-mirage-hpx-102877773/

I was wondering if anyone had anymore information on this skiff? I called and talked to a salesman at the Cleveland Boat Center and the guy purchased the boat in Florida and used it for 36 hours, drove it home to Tenn and it been sitting outside :( for 4+ years and used occasionallyxD. I made a fair offer on the skiff and was willing to drive the 8 hrs (one way) but they did not want to move much off the asking price of 41,999.00!

That outside parking with no cover would call for a discount off the price IMHO.  You can see it in the cushions, and the Maverick guide pole covers (faded).  I would stress the lack of maintenance for 4+ years and the work/$$$$$$ to bring it back to life.  They have it priced like it has been stored in an A/C warehouse for 4 years and washed and waxed monthly.  NOT!   

I was open to starting at $35 and driving up and take a look see! Upon inspection and problems found the price would go down. I tried to explain to them the issues of leaving a $45,000 + skiff uncovered for four plus years not to mention the possible motor issues that could be present but they did not want to hear it. Oh well!!    

I also inquired about the boat just last week as I am going to Chattanooga next weekend.  Salesman seem to be very proud of it.....I agree with you all's opinion of value, should be low to mid 30's from the story the pictures are telling.  I hate to see such a fishable skiff sit unused :(  Oh well, the search continues on.

Beautiful boat, shame they let it go to waste. I agree boat should be in the low 30's at the most. Odds are there are electrical issues, motor issues, etc...amazes me people try to sell a boat, truck, whatever, ask top dollar and can't even clean the darn thing. 

7 minutes ago, apalach_tarpon said:

It is insane to me. I don't think it's worth much more than 30k, if that. It would be a project.

Shame because it's exactly what I'm looking for. 

Exactly what I thought. The lowest amount I could get the money person at the Cleveland Boat Center to come down to was $38,200 and that we before I drove 7 + hours to see the skiff up close and personal.   

I am not that  in tune with market for the new Mavs, but honestly tdoesn't look too rough to me. I've always bought older ones and cleaned em up anyways, so wouldn't be a deterrent to me.  Keep in mind NOT being around salt is a huge plus.  I recently bought a 03 Pathy from TN and am amazed at the difference in condition esp on metals (and hopefully wiring).  The trailer literally looks like a 1 year old well taken care of saltwater trailer...

Love the color - Classic Maverick. Any reason there's only rod holders on port side of console?

13 hours ago, justfish said:

I am not that  in tune with market for the new Mavs, but honestly tdoesn't look too rough to me. I've always bought older ones and cleaned em up anyways, so wouldn't be a deterrent to me.  Keep in mind NOT being around salt is a huge plus.  I recently bought a 03 Pathy from TN and am amazed at the difference in condition esp on metals (and hopefully wiring).  The trailer literally looks like a 1 year old well taken care of saltwater trailer...

Love the color - Classic Maverick. Any reason there's only rod holders on port side of console?

Compare it to the 2012 for sale on here and you will see the difference. 

Archived