Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra I-pilot reliablity

Charles

I asked for suggestions on trolling motors for my 23' HPS months ago and decided on the minn kota riptide ulterra i-pilot 112 lb 60" shaft.  One of my biggest reason for deciding on it is the stow and deploy.  I now have heard and read about problems with this unit.  There is always some complaints in reviews so I'm reaching out to mbg users of this model for advice before I have my dealer buy and install.   Thanks to all that responded to my past and current topics. 

Get the second generation, so called Bluetooth Ulterra.  You will not regret it.  I had the first gen version, and had problems, but nothing related to the MK. The stow/deploy worked perfectly for nearly a year!  No problems at all.  I recently upgraded to the Bluetooth version, and it is a big improvement.

A guy I fish with on the harbor has already had issues with his gen2.  More self deploy issues.  He's had it for a month.  

I went with the new Bluetooth Terrova for that reason, just peace of mind and one less thing to break.  The new Terrova is awesome and has an effortless lift assist.  

Again, it's one of those things that a good portion of people probably won't have many problems with them, but because my job relies on them, it's just one less thing I need to worry about breaking and causing me to lose money.  

Archived