1993 Hewes LT20

Jettyrat3200

yeah i know. The guy I bought it from b*** fished 90% of the time and never took it out and is now rusted in there. Still getting use to the Hummingbird my last boat had Lowrance HDS on it but it is growing on me. Cant wait to take it over a wreck/reef/or the jetties and check out the structure scan.

one thing i DO know about the light tackle series... they work great in chop... maybe they have more deadrise? i know they weigh a bit more, and have higher freeboard, but an LT20 (or LT18, for that matter) can go out into much more rough bay than i would ever do in my 19 lappy... i know, i tried to follow one out into crummy, rainy pensacola bay once... ugh. woody never looked back, i headed back! :D

gotta be a great boat for the deeper bays around north florida, and other places.

if the newer redfisher hull design is based on this boat, they must be pretty capable machines.

Nice rig! You'll fall in love with it pretty quick. Care to share a pic of how that bow pedestal is mounted?

My back would love to have one, but I can't think of how one would mount up in the bow with the hatch layout...???

Thanks

-T

What size prop do you curently have on it.

I have a 94 LT20 & ended up putting a 4 blade 19 pitch on my 150 merc.

It stands up & salutes when given the gas.

Unless they changed the hull design(which from your pic I dont think they did), you should be able to draft 11"-12" trowling & less if you get brave on plane.

Bro, you defineately need to do something with that seat on your bow. Break it loose or remove it so it won't be in your way.

Thats the whole reason I bough a LT is because of the flat deck space & how it rides in chop, not to mention the minimal draft it can perform in.

Nice ride, congrats & welcome to the family.

hey, what are those other two watchacallits on the deck there, near the trolling motor?

Built in beer Koozies.

Man, I can think of limitless usage for the pedistal mounting hole. Portable BBQ, rod holder,

gun rest & a few other suggestions that I'll not mention.

Hey wife, come here, time to get spanked. :content:

have any of yall turned the release will into a live well? thinking about installing a new pump to go into the release well. any tips?

Yeah, mine is rigged like that and actually works very well as a second livewell considering the lack of a proper downward drain and the rectangle shape and all.

I can take some pics in the next day or two and post 'em up on another thread so as not to derail this one.

Back to original topic..nice boat!

-T

Jettyrat, can you tell me how you got the base out of that hole? I have a 2000 18LT, and I was going to put a seat in that thing to use while we drift for flounder up here in Northern SC. Well, it wouldn't fit, so I banged it down a little, figuring I could work it back out. Not a good idea. I can't even budge it, and I'm a pretty strong dude. It will rotate, but won't come out or even move upwards not matter how much I pull and twist. I thought about hooking a hoist to it, but I worry that I would damage the deck or something serious. I wonder how I could remove the old one and install a new one. It would work great for the spring here, but I don't want it up there after June. Thanks in advance for any help.

I had to get a reciprocating saw and cut it down as for as you can. Make sure you get a new metal blade for it b/c the base is really hard to cut. After you cut it i got some PB Blaster and soaked it down. Then start drilling out the base and it should work its way loose with the heat and the PB Blaster.

Mine was the same way I could turn it but could not pull it out. Thinking about getting another pedestal for the wife she really likes it. Bt i WILL take it out after each use. I might even but a little grease down there. Dont want to cut another one off. Let me know if that helped.

You can just reach through the anchor locker and unbolt the plate and replace. Had to do it on mine. Put an extension on your socket wrench and hold it while a buddy unscrews the screws. Did mine myself and replaced it with one from BPS. Had to put a towel in there to stop any dropped nuts from ending up below deck. Run a new bead of sealant, probably 4200, before you tighten. Also, couldn't find one that fit the origional hole so had to enlarge it slightly. Good luck

Archived