OT Starboard/granite caulk?

Headhunter

I have an outdoor kitchen made from starboard with a granite top. Since Mathew I have a leak between the top of the frame to the bottom of the granite. Water drove into the draws and base. The top looks to big for me to pick up and reset. What type of caulking can I use to seal the crack?

Any help is appreciated.

You can run a bead right where the starboard and granite meet...use your finger to force silicone in between granite and starboard.  That is what I did to my summer kitchen.  The only other way to get a better seal is to remove granite and place a solid bead of silicone around perimeter of granite where it meets starboard.  It really does not adhere to starboard but will seal as good as you can get.  Without seeing your kitchen,  kinda hard to give good sound advice.  There is a product made by Sudbury called elastomeric marine sealant the adheres to starboard.....but boy is it messy to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Used the Sudberry product and it worked fine. The bad news was it was $20 a tube including freight and tax and it has a harsh odor. The other interesting thing I found was that gorilla glue actually allowed me to cement two pieces together after I roughened up the edges. Just an FYI.

Archived