stuck in my pathfinder (Not what you think)

HoneyB

This is a story i thought worth sharing. I recently bought a 22 trs. The Previous owner installed a 36 volt i pilot. The trolling motor is awesome to say the least. The only problem was the batteries and a larger Minn kota charger were installed in the front box. Aside from taking up a great space the batteries were obviously taking a beating in the bow evidence by the busted battery trays and batteries moving around. I moved the batteries to the center console but the installer had cut the power cord that ran from the center console forward. I planned to run a new wire so no big deal but how would I get it up there. I needed to see into the bilge to get an idea of what I was working with. I removed the anchor from the anchor locker and went in head first with one arm and shoulder in the hole. Dang one more inch down and i would be able to see far enough back. I sat up moved my phone which i had tried to stick in there for pictures earlier. I put both arms in the anchor locker and dove in head first. Ohh this is great I can see the tube running forward for the wires, Hey this is awesome  here is a pull sting already down there as well. With all this information I put my hands down to push myself up. Now here in lies the problem. I know instantly i am stuck. Fear rushes over me as i yell to my Nine year old son, "Neal Neal I'm stuck!!" I had to calm my self. I had to realize i was fine as long as i was looking around down there. i had air. I was not in pain or danger.. but i tell you I had to work to calm myself. "Neal call Bubba".. MY brother in law. I knew he was close and could help. To make a Long story short. when he got there and grabbed my paints i said no I have to come straight up. LOL he had my feet straight in the air and body hugged my waist to hoist my behind out. Its all funny now and we laugh about it but I believe i have the BEST STUCK story of any boater i know. Sorry no pics In the heat of the moment none were taken. Yes we wish we had pics now too. 

If you took time to read the short story i hope you got a laugh. I know we do around here. 

yes the rush of fear was intense. I calmed myself pretty well. Some facts left out of the long story. for those who think this is a good read. I measured the width of the opening in between the anchor rest. It was just over 12 inches. I'm not too big a fella, around 180 and only 5'6" or so. When my brother in law got me up my jeans had slipped close to my knees. I had taken my belt off as not to rub the buckle on the boat while i was in there. Then when i turned around he was leaning on the t top slap out of breath.. He was trying to ask if i was alright and i was like i'm fine are you gonna be OK LOL.. My Nine year old son will out of the blue call out NEAL IM STUCK ! He thinks that is some pretty funny ***

Funny story...we've all been close to stuck if you work on boats...

I had a buddy running speaker wire in a ski boat accept when he got inside for the view he wanted, a rat snack came straight out of the bilge right at him.....funniest thing I've ever seen.....he wasn't close to being stuck...it took us forever to get that snake out of his bilge....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived