2200 Layout Changes after 2001

SAV Skinny

I'm looking at a 2001 2200 and was wondering if there were any major changes to the boat other than the front deck storage and addition of molded console livewell between 2001 models and say 2002-2004 models. Also is there any difference if it is not labeled as a 2200"V" just 2200? It is not a tunnel. Thanks.

As owner of a 2001... I'd wait on a 2002+ model unless its a super deal, the upper deck changes are a Big improvement on the later models.

The hull, ride, etc are the same but I'd love to have the later deck layout.

The V was when they also made 2200T tunnels for the South Texas flats market.

Travis 

6 minutes ago, blackacre said:

Any notable differences in draft from the earlier 2200V with a 20" transom and the newer 2200 XL and TRS with a 25" transom?

Not real world, and don't really understand how It could be, but the specs for the draft on the older V's was 12", and for the new TRS models, the spec says 11."  The old models listed their weight w/engine at 2450 lbs, while the latest TRS model lists the weight w/engine at 2850 lbs.  Go figure.......

I'd say,  a few things made them go to a 25" transom. Positves -  No more folks without rabuds complaining about water intrusion, makes it more Seaworthy vs Bay worthy (my opinion).  Negatives - more susceptible to wind and not as nice for Bass fishing :-) 

Archived