Wiring pictures. Don't laugh!

Convertible13

What a fricken mess. My console looks like it puked. I have power to the fuse panel, neg and pos connections in the panel are clean and tight, engine starts but nav lights, lenco tabs, live well pumps... All dead. 

I have a diode connected to the positive stern light wire that also connects three more wires, I'm guessing the port and starboard lights up front. Not sure if the diode is good or bad. 

Figured if someone is having wiring problems, they could look at mine and realize there's isn't so bad. Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could have power, but not able to carry the current due to bad connections elsewhere. Check the connections on the other end of pos and neg. Pos most likely connected to battery switch, and should be a ground post by battery switch.

The diode, just allows one switch to operate, nav or anchor or both. If it was bad lights would work in one position but the other. 

After seeing the pics, it's probably not unusual to start the circuits at the cig-lighter, then jump to the other switches. If you think about it, the cig-lighter occasionally draws more current than all the other switches put together. mdemott is right, you need a central location for all the grounds just like the fuse panel is a central location for the positive wires. No matter which you decide to make the repairs, make sure you thoroughly coat each connection with Corrosion-X (red can).

Archived