Lenco Trim Tabs

localangler

You know, I have a similar issue sporadically.  Press the button, hear the actuator make noise, but the tab doesn't move.  But it started working again so I haven't messed with it.  I'm sure someone else will be able to give you the model number (I seem to remember 101) but don't rely on me.

6 hours ago, localangler said:

The starboard side trim tab has stopped working on the pathy. It still powers up when the button is pressed but it will not go up or down. I didn't see a part number on the actuator, any ideas on how to figure out which one I have? The boat is an 07 22TE

Here's where I bought my last one. Fifth item down.

http://www.lowcostboatingstore.com/search.asp?keyword=lenco+actuator&search=

The actuator is not that difficult to take apart. You will need a specialty hex bit with a hole in the center. Harbor freight has a neat assortment package with a lot of specialty bits that is a must to have when doing small projects. Use a punch and tap the bottom pin first and then the top pin. Remove the two hex screws with the specialty bit and gently work the top off there is an O ring that seals each end. Unplug the spade connections. Inside consists of motor and a several gears. As you slide the housing off watch how they are situated. Clean connections and use your meter to check voltage. Put back together and have fun.

Archived