New Power Pole info

Headhunter

I went to the grand opening of Bass Pro In Daytona today and spent some time talking with the power pole rep. It seems like the big changes they have introduced is a new control system that is quicker than the old c monster with some more capabilities. He said 900 mghz compared to 450 mghz. I am not sure what that means but he said it was a big deal. The bad news is that the new control system doesn't talk with the old system so if you have an existing power pole you can't add a new one unless you change both. They will make the old version for another year but you have to order it direct.

The really good news is that they are changing from the plastic tubing to stainless flex lines and will have a kit available soon to retrofit existing power poles.

There is some more but the place was a zoo.

So............if anyone has a 10 ft blade in black they want to dump, let me know.

9 hours ago, CG RYAN said:

The new ones are out already. I just saw some in stock at my local academy. The 10' is not ready yet but plenty of 8's to be had. The 8' blade is $1,599. 

CG, are the blades $1,599 or is it the Pro Series II which happens to look like the blade now?

if the former, that's a deal because the 8' blade is $1,995 here. 

Just to add in here, the 400 mhz to 900 mhz simply means a much stronger, cleaner signal for improved operation and better range. We also added 2-way communication between the pump and the controllers for signal confirmation between the two. 

This new C-Monster 2.0 control system IS NOT compatible with previous models but we will still build a prior year model to match what you have on your boat currently. Simply ask your dealer or supply us with your anchor serial number and we'd be glad to build you a matching unit. Another option is to sell the current unit, and upgrade to two new 2017 models. Either way you choose, we're always glad to help in any way we can.

We also went from the plastic tubing and ferrules to a rubber hose with factory crimped fittings rated at 1750 psi. These fittings eliminate the margin of error that comes with a ferrule type connection and really eliminates the chances of the hose coming out of the fitting or any future hydraulic leaks. This is a major upgrade for the entire product line and makes for an extremely durable hydraulic system. 

The 10' Blade also received a redesigned stern bracket that is much more robust than previous years with pressed rod joints on the u-channels to eliminate wobble and tightening bolts a thing of the past. The bracket itself is assembled with a polymer core and stainless steel sheet metal for reduced weight and extreme durability. It is all covered up with a high gloss polymer shroud. 

If anyone has any specific questions about the changes, please do not hesitate to ask. 

On February 19, 2017 at 8:39 PM, FunFlatsFishing said:

CG, are the blades $1,599 or is it the Pro Series II which happens to look like the blade now?

if the former, that's a deal because the 8' blade is $1,995 here. 

Can you elaborate how the pro series looks like blade now? Does spike recess into pole? I honestly couldnt justify the difference in the sportmans and pro in the last model...wondering if the new ones I might be able to

On 2/21/2017 at 8:48 AM, PowerPoleTech said:

Just to add in here, the 400 mhz to 900 mhz simply means a much stronger, cleaner signal for improved operation and better range. We also added 2-way communication between the pump and the controllers for signal confirmation between the two. 

This new C-Monster 2.0 control system IS NOT compatible with previous models but we will still build a prior year model to match what you have on your boat currently. Simply ask your dealer or supply us with your anchor serial number and we'd be glad to build you a matching unit. Another option is to sell the current unit, and upgrade to two new 2017 models. Either way you choose, we're always glad to help in any way we can.

We also went from the plastic tubing and ferrules to a rubber hose with factory crimped fittings rated at 1750 psi. These fittings eliminate the margin of error that comes with a ferrule type connection and really eliminates the chances of the hose coming out of the fitting or any future hydraulic leaks. This is a major upgrade for the entire product line and makes for an extremely durable hydraulic system. 

The 10' Blade also received a redesigned stern bracket that is much more robust than previous years with pressed rod joints on the u-channels to eliminate wobble and tightening bolts a thing of the past. The bracket itself is assembled with a polymer core and stainless steel sheet metal for reduced weight and extreme durability. It is all covered up with a high gloss polymer shroud. 

If anyone has any specific questions about the changes, please do not hesitate to ask. 

My PP II leaks at the ferrules and I have tightened them over again....not a bad leak, but three or four drops makes a mess under the reservoir. What fluids are compatible with the yellow PP fluid, or where can I get some ?

Archived