Yamaha 225 SHO

JEM

I thought I would give a little performance report after selling the F150 off the transom of my 2007 2200V, and hanging a new 225 SHO.  With the invaluable experience and advice of CGRyan, I propped it with a PT OFX3, 19" prop bought off ebay for $150.   I broke it in this past weekend with 10 hours.  I ran it very light with just me, full tank of gas, no coolers, no fishing rods, and no Ulterra, and it hit 6000 rpms WOT, and on a two way average hit 58.5 mph.  I saw 60 mph on one wind assisted run.   The torque and acceleration that these SHO motors have has to be felt to be believed!!!!!  I am still grinning this morning!  

attachments[1].jpg

9 hours ago, JEM said:

I thought I would give a little performance report after selling the F150 off the transom of my 2007 2200V, and hanging a new 225 SHO.  With the invaluable experience and advice of CGRyan, I propped it with a PT OFX3, 19" prop bought off ebay for $150.   I broke it in this past weekend with 10 hours.  I ran it very light with just me, full tank of gas, no coolers, no fishing rods, and no Ulterra, and it hit 6000 rpms WOT, and on a two way average hit 58.5 mph.  I saw 60 mph on one wind assisted run.   The torque and acceleration that these SHO motors have has to be felt to be believed!!!!!  I am still grinning this morning!  

attachments[1].jpg

I've always thought about doing exactly what you did to your boat.  Having it completely redone and re powered.  I LOVE this hull, it's about as versatile as it comes for me.  

Love your build, keep it up!

• 1 month later...

I hung a 225 SHO on mine about 4 years ago. Had a 150 V-Max HPDI that came with the boat when I bought it new. The 225 is incredibly strong and the boat really doesn't notice the small addition of weight on the transom. It will run 58-59 any time you want it to. 950 hours later it still hasn't missed a beat.

Archived