1999 1810V Wiring Question

I'm trying to add console LED lights and wanted to use an ACC position on the rocker switch panel.

The 2 ACC switch positions already have wires attached. They are brown and brown w/white. I have no idea what if anything these switches control. And couldn't trace them to anything.

My questions:

1. Are these wires just place holders for options that my boat doesn't have installed?

2. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1999 1810V?

3. Should I just buddy up the wiring on an ACC position?

Thanks, in advance

On my console there are six switches. The two switches on the left are for the recirc pump and livewell pump in the up position. The down positions on both switches are for accessories and aren't wired to anything from the factory that I know of. I think these are the two ACC switches you're talking about. You could probably use either of those. However, if it were me adding accessory console LEDs I'd probably just buddy up to the ANCHOR/NAV light switch, which is the third switch from the right.

Brown and white are for livewell #1 on the MBC wiring diagram. Are you looking at the wrong side of the switch? Switch up is the bottom connections and visa versa.

I just added some lights and a stereo. I spent about an hour looking and feeling switches, etc. Got smart and borrowed a handheld makeup mirror from my wife. The door on my Maverick is way too small for me to see and work at the same time. It took about five minutes after I got mirror.

Archived