Livewell timer?

East Coast Dave

So when I bought my HPX, the previous owner told me something about this switch regarding the live well. I didn't really pay much  attention since I heard the words "it works" and I was thinking more about what my wife was going to say to me pulling into the driveway with another boat.   I usually fish with artificials, but yesterday decide to fish with shrimp with my wife. I clicked the toggle. Didn't work...  after we got back I clicked the mystery dial and  it worked.  It is some sort of timer switch that runs the livewell every couple minutes I'm assuming so it doesn't kill you battery if it runs all day  anyone seen one of these?  

IMG_3013.JPG

I have a regular livewell pump on one switch, plus a recirculating pump that aerates, on a another switch, with a timer (potentiometer) switch in line that allow me to keep shrimp overnight without draining the battery dead.  I set it to come on every couple of minutes for a 30 second run.  Best thing you can do for keeping crustaceans alive overnight and not kill the battery!  When I am fishing in the summer with high water temps, I run both pumps to keep the shrimp alive.  You can see the round knob which controls the off interval of the recirc pump.

IMG_1222.JPG

To be clear, I have two switches on my switch panel; one for the livewell pump and one for the recirculating pump.  The round knob inside the console is wired into the recirc circuit which I leave "on" all the time and set to run the recirc pump about every 2 minutes.

My switch below the console is an off/on, AND a rotary knob to control the length of time between the 30 second "on" cycles.  I never touch the switch below the console.  I just leave it "on" all the time, with about a two minute interval between run times.  Then I have a regular carling style switch on my switch panel labeled Recirc livewell that is an on/off for the recirc pump.   I just use it to turn the pump on, and it will run 30 seconds, then off for about 2 minutes, and repeat.  Both switches are wired "in line."

Archived