Thank You Marcus & PT Props !!!

Wanaflatsfish

Like PowerPole, PT props has a great customer service machine - his name is Marcus.

This is PT prop # 4 for me and Marcus has chosen them all....so far, he's never been wrong !!!

Marcus spent several emails and a few phone calls and we've come up with a SCD4R17PYM90 for my 1995 - 115 Yamadog 2 smoker.

The semi-cleaver, according to Marcus is a stern lifter and should be ideal for the MA17 and my fishing style of shallow water and the requirement for fast, short hole shots.  I ran a semi-cleaver on my RF18 and it worked very well...I've seen some are running a PTRD14R16PYM90 on the MA's from this forum and others (hulltruth-fla sportsman, etc.).  The PTR is more of bow lifter according to Marcus and has different characteristics and while it is a good prop for for the MA running into a heavy chop  by lifting the bow he suggested we give the SCD a try...let's see.

Purchased it through Admiral Prop's in Tampa via Bob Musselman who gave me a fair price and I was able to use some $$$ in my pay-pal account - easy peasy !!  One click and prop should be on the way.

When the prop arrives, I"ll post an update on performance.

thank you Marcus and Bob...

DC

Very interested in your results! Being that I'm underpitched I'm looking at props too. Problem is I've never used a 4 blade and dumping that kind of money on someone's reccomendatiom is tough. Since you've done it before and know the guys probably not as bad for you. I'd love to try one out someday but for now I'm fishing my 17p 3 blade. Heh

I'll pile in on this love-fest...

Marcus and PowerTech are the real deal.  He worked with me on figuring out a prop for my 16 Bayfisher/90 smoker with a goal of maximizing torque and hole shot.  Ended up in a 4 blade SCD 14 pitch that COMPLETELY transformed the performance of the boat.  I knew that props were important, but didn't realize how big a difference the right prop could make.  I went from struggling to get on plane with 2 big guys in the back, a full livewell, gear, fuel, etc. using a standard 3 blade prop, to "hang on", effortless hole shots with the PowerTech. 

I'm looking forward to dialing in my new to me 18MA with the 175 HPDI.  Maybe an OFX4 in my future? :D

6 hours ago, Bud_man said:

I'll pile in on this love-fest...

Marcus and PowerTech are the real deal.  He worked with me on figuring out a prop for my 16 Bayfisher/90 smoker with a goal of maximizing torque and hole shot.  Ended up in a 4 blade SCD 14 pitch that COMPLETELY transformed the performance of the boat.  I knew that props were important, but didn't realize how big a difference the right prop could make.  I went from struggling to get on plane with 2 big guys in the back, a full livewell, gear, fuel, etc. using a standard 3 blade prop, to "hang on", effortless hole shots with the PowerTech. 

I'm looking forward to dialing in my new to me 18MA with the 175 HPDI.  Maybe an OFX4 in my future? :D

I think I was one of the first on this forum back in 2005 to run an OFX4 on a 22 Pathy....great prop...if you go to the PTprops.com website, you can see my hole shot video...made it a canal with my daughter...i ran a F150 with Bob's JP.  Ran really well and held up to two broken skegs (I sometimes try to run too shallow) :)

dc

On 2/23/2017 at 1:10 PM, MPFit said:

Very interested in your results! Being that I'm underpitched I'm looking at props too. Problem is I've never used a 4 blade and dumping that kind of money on someone's reccomendatiom is tough. Since you've done it before and know the guys probably not as bad for you. I'd love to try one out someday but for now I'm fishing my 17p 3 blade. Heh

With Powertech you really have no worries about being stuck with the wrong prop. If Marcus & Powertech miss on the right prop for your application you just take it back to the dealer and they send out a different model.  Make sure to take good notes on your RPM, speed, hole shot and how the boat performs.  Powertech will use that for the baseline and then make recommendations on what performance characteristic is most important to you.

2 hours ago, lcclark9 said:

With Powertech you really have no worries about being stuck with the wrong prop. If Marcus & Powertech miss on the right prop for your application you just take it back to the dealer and they send out a different model.  Make sure to take good notes on your RPM, speed, hole shot and how the boat performs.  Powertech will use that for the baseline and then make recommendations on what performance characteristic is most important to you.

Will do...so far Marcus has been dead on...he recommended a similar prop for my 18RF with the F115....

I really need to "spin up" with the boat for where I fish...

dc

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Will do...so far Marcus has been dead on...he recommended a similar prop for my 18RF with the F115....

I really need to "spin up" with the boat for where I fish...

dc

How did you like the RF with the 115? I may just repower before I reprop. The 150vmax is great but I can shave a nice amount of weight off the back by removing the oil reservoir and the 50ish lbs from the engine alone. Not completely set on either option yet as I'm still enjoying the fishing on it either way.

2 hours ago, MPFit said:

How did you like the RF with the 115? I may just repower before I reprop. The 150vmax is great but I can shave a nice amount of weight off the back by removing the oil reservoir and the 50ish lbs from the engine alone. Not completely set on either option yet as I'm still enjoying the fishing on it either way.

Ran well...I had the older model...and from what I hear....the new SHO is killer on the hole shot.

dc

Archived