2200 TE bow seat post receiver

FROZEN

Guys,

I have a 2008 2200 TE with a seat post receiver by the forward livewell. It has a removable, threaded cap.  I want to install a four legged casting platform / seat, and need to have an "eye" post to secure the cooler and/or the cast stool with a turnbuckle, as needed. I think I should be able to utilize that receiver for that purpose, but not sure.

Questions......How does that receiver work? Does a post screw into the cap threads, or a taper fit into hole, or a locking mechanism? There are many diameters and types of insert posts, many locking mechanisms, etc. Is there a specific manufacturer (and model number) or type, that goes with the MBG receiver installed at the factory that might sell the needed accessories?

Please forgive me if I used the wrong terminology!

Has anyone used that receiver for other cool purposes than a post seat?

Many thanks!

It is just a bushing to accept what is referred to as a 3/4 inch king pin. Nothing threads in to secure the seat. I too have thought that maybe you could drill and tap the cap for a turn buckle, but it is probably soft metal and not sure I would trust it. 

The idea of dropping a cable through might work, but I would remove the plastic bushing, as it extends below the metallic part and trying to tighten up the cable would just destroy the bushing. Not sure how strong the whole insert is for a force pulling on it, as it is designed for a force pushing down on it.

Many thanks to all for the great information. I'm determined to make use of that space for a secure seat of some kind ( non bass boat). I think I'll noodle on it for awhile and do some more research. I'll make sure I keep all informed and report back.

Thanks again, a great start!

That's awesome!

So, the PVC plug/cap screwed into the post receiver is strong enough to secure chair when running between here and there? Any sign of the flush mount receiver lifting? I worry about that. Otherwise, me and $5 are going on a road trip, with the $5 not returning.

Thanks

chair does not move while running at all, even in bad chop. fits into base like a glove. can put my back into it while fighting tarpon/sharks and stays solid, in place. flush mount has never come loose/moved. as stated, glassed in. :) fin

NOTE: have tried my brothers casting platform, same results, nada.

Archived