On Board Charger

gamecocks2001

I'm not aware of a 5 bank appropriate for marine use.  Minn Kota has a up to 4 banks available.  It costs more than two good chargers.

For what it's worth, I would consider separate 2 and 3 bank units before betting the farm on a single unit.  

I had been getting intermittent interference on my sonar when my trolling motor is on specific speed settings.  I traced it to backfeed through my 3 bank charger.  Totally disappears when my charger lead is removed from the electronics battery. If it continues, I'll be installing a 1 bank unit just for my cranking / accessory battery.

1. I have two separate on board chargers on my boat. 3 bank solely for Minn Kota 36 volt I Pilot, and a 2 bank separately for cranking battery and live wells. I do not have them wired together into one plug. I use a 4 plug power strip with surge protector when charging. Over two years now and no problems at all.  Hope this helps...

I believe you can charge 5 batteries on a 4 bank charger. Three separate trolling motor batts and the two starting batteries as long as the positive terminals are tied together. I let mine feed through the battery switch to charge both starting batteries just like the motor does when both is selected.

7 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I believe you can charge 5 batteries on a 4 bank charger. Three separate trolling motor batts and the two starting batteries as long as the positive terminals are tied together. I let mine feed through the battery switch to charge both starting batteries just like the motor does when both is selected.

I know you can use the 4 bank Power Mania on a 48v system. I'm running five batteries (3 troller, 1 house & 1 cranking) but I let the outboard charge the cranking batt. The 4 bank Power Mania takes care of the rest.  

Archived