Suzuki DF200A Repower

RockDaddy

No help on the numbers but those DF 200's are great motors. A lot of people are going to Zuke and have no complaints; strong motor. Due to the gear ratio, you'll probably be swinging a big wheel. Probably a 24p or 26p, depending on overall weight.  

3 hours ago, RockDaddy said:

Ok Thanks.  I've read that the folks at Power Tech are pretty helpful with prop selection.

I would call Ken at Prop Gods before I would look at anything from Power Tech. There are a lot better props out there then PT for 4 strokes.

www.propgods.com

941-735-5808

I wont respond about the helpfulness.... I'm still waiting for a call back or a reply.  

On 3/2/2017 at 0:15 PM, RodWorks said:

Curious about the performance numbers as well.  Also, the price difference between the Yamaha 4 cylinder and Suzuki.

I was quoted 14k (tax icluded and 6 year warranty)  for the DF200 a while back which included removing current motor, all rigging, controls and install w/ gauges.

Yamaha 200 was 14K plus tax and no rigging or guages.

The best number I've seen in NC is $13,200 for the DF200A engine not including any rebates.  Rigging varies widely.  I did get quotes from International Marine Service http://www.internationalmarineservice.com  for both a DF150 and a DF175.  They were almost $2K less than anyone in my area.  I assume it would be the same for the DF200A.  Their price included all new gauges (digital), controls, laser cut panel rigging and prop.  If I lived closer, I would think hard about going there.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Tarpon1215 said:

That is 3" more pitch than my 200 V-Max will turn. That motor must have a lot of torque.🚣🏼

With a gear ratio of 2.50:1 on the Suzuki DF200A, the larger pitch prop on the Suzuki gearcase will be spinning slower than the smaller pitch prop on a Yamaha 200 VMAX gearcase (1.86:1 or 1.75:1 ?).  I am eager to learn how the performance comparisons stack up.  Please share your Suzuki numbers after the break-in.  The new setup looks great btw!

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got out on the boat yesterday and got past the 4 hour mark on break in so that I could really see how she did.  The engine is incredibly smooth, very powerful and very quiet.  Hole shot seems good, but this is not a major issue for me where I fish.  My only concern is that I may not have the right prop.  Top end RPM's and speed seem low.

4000 RPM  29.9 mph

5000 RPM 39.8 mph

5500 RPM 44.7 mph

5750 RPM 47.3 mph WOT

This is with a Power Tech OFX3 26 pitch.  The dealer had tried a 24 inch pitch and swopped it out for the 26.  The boat was lightly loaded with my wife and beagle.  Any thoughts on the prop would be appreciated.

By the way, this is what my 14 year old Pathfinder looks like.

IMG_3441.jpg

Archived