2002 pathfinder 2200

Weebitoffcourse

I'm looking at a 2002 2200v with a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke (500 hrs) on the back. I pilot troling motor and everything else standard.  What is the price point for the boat with a trailer. He is asking 22k. Boat is in better than good condition. 

What are the downfalls with that model year compared to the 2003/2004 and newer.  

Any help would be great. This will be my first pathfinder.

Casey

1 hour ago, Bamaskeet said:

A 2002 2200V has all the good stuff.  The 225 Yamaha is a little heavy for the boat and should be check for exhaust housing corrosion before you buy.

22K is a fair price for a boat in good condition.

Definitely have the mid section checked.  Those four stokes rot from the inside out.  If the mid and exhaust plate has been done ask about the oil pump as well.  

9 hours ago, Weebitoffcourse said:

Thanks guys. If I decide to buy it I will defiantly take the motor have a scope done on it.  I'm just curious how it sits in the water with that much weight. I'm really wanting a 24 but I figure this is worth a look. 

My brother has a 2008 21 MA with a factory installed F225 sport. It sits great in the water, floats skinny and will get up and move at 60-63 MPH. 

The 2002 your looking at requires a 20" mid. What size mid does the 225 have? 

10 hours ago, Weebitoffcourse said:

Thanks guys. If I decide to buy it I will defiantly take the motor have a scope done on it.  I'm just curious how it sits in the water with that much weight. I'm really wanting a 24 but I figure this is worth a look. 

I've had both....the 22 handles a little more like a sports car compared to 24, but....both are great boats !  From the center console back...they are the same boat...the extra length is between the center console forward to front deck and hatches, and it's actually just over a foot more. Which ever one you get, it will be a great boat. That 22 should fly with the 225 on it, my 24 with F250 would run in mid 60's and cruise mid 40's all day long. 

11 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Definitely have the mid section checked.  Those four stokes rot from the inside out.  If the mid and exhaust plate has been done ask about the oil pump as well.  

Very good advice!! My neighbor across the canal has two of them on his boat and the port engine's power head is going to make a really nice and expensive anchor because of the corrosion issues Mr. Lap it up so correctly mentions....."rots from the inside out"!

Archived