T-Top Shade Extender

gamecocks2001

kinda looks like what I was gonna try to DIY.  I have a "sun sail" on my back porch that is great quality and works awesome for shade. This looks to be similar kinda stuff.  Amazon has all sorts of sizes and shapes. Costco actually had some for like $20 the other day  

Was thinking of getting one and some retractable poles for gunnel rod holders and seeing what I could come up with.

Here's my sun sail. It's Amazon off brand but has been up every day for a year with exception of hurricane Matthew so is built very well. Also have similar thing on jeep and couldn't be without it in summer. . So all I can tell you is it's likely built well and def does help with nice breathable shade 

IMG_7351.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Sunshades-Depot-Equilateral-CustomSize-Commercial/dp/B06WV8SMNJ/ref=lp_3480728011_1_19?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1488811035&sr=1-19&th=1

I was thinking something like this from t top rod holders to two retractable poles out of rear gunnel rod holders.  Prob heavy duty boat hooks  Prob be less that $100 all in and I'll have some boat hooks to boot.

if they make some you can run with them up, I'd be interested.  But $600 is too steep to have to take down

Archived