Lenco Trim Tab Indicator Switch

Lowcountry Joe

I recently installed the Lenco Trim Tab switch with indicator lights. After the install , when I use the switch everything is in reverse !  When I press "bow up" the trim tabs retract instead of going down , etc. When I turn the power off the tabs deploy instead of retract. The indicator lights on the switch says they are retracted however when I look at the tabs they are in the down position. Can anyone help me PLEASE ?

Sounds like you need to reverse the wiring.  Although "bow up" would be tabs up so that part sounds right but they certainly should retract when powered off.  You can call Lenco and they can walk you through problem solving.  I had to do that years ago on a previous boat and we quickly found a wiring issue...they've likely seen every possible issue.

i believe the left switch control right tab and vice versa.  i can check tonight to be certain.  that may be what caused your problem but i also believe knowing position does not do much.  i have a very light boat that is very tab dependent. and knowing where they are does not help me

Archived