What's in this area of Pathfinder?

justfish

What's in this little triangular area behind rod lockers? I'm wanting to put mate series rod/cup holders in top. I can't remember ever seeing cup holders there so making sure I'm not gonna run into anything. Ive seen speakers mounted to sides a lot so assume it's a void, just wanna make sure. 

How would it drain? 

IMG_7302.JPG

I put regular 316 SS cup holders there.  The port side had a cover inside the locker held in by 4 screws.  The starboard side, a rod locker didn't have a removable cover.  The cup holders were a very tight fit in mine.  I had to cut away some of the aft panel in the rod locker.  Measure 10 times before you drill with your hole saw.

IMG_1351.JPG

I think I might try a couple of those Mate Series rod/cup holder 0 degree jobs in there.  I don't have any rod holders on the bow deck.  They are expensive, but would be handy when taking fish off the hook.  Assuming the measurements work for me, it would be an easy swap out of my existing SS cupholders, especially since the Mate Series appears to have a pretty wide flange on top.

To answer how would it drain.....I attached some clear vinyl tubing to the drain tubes on the bottom of the cup holders, and just routed the tubing down into the bilge.  But it has never been any problem accumulating water in the bilge......at least to my knowledge.  But the Mate Series is a great idea. 

20 hours ago, JEM said:

I think I might try a couple of those Mate Series rod/cup holder 0 degree jobs in there.  I don't have any rod holders on the bow deck.  They are expensive, but would be handy when taking fish off the hook.  Assuming the measurements work for me, it would be an easy swap out of my existing SS cupholders, especially since the Mate Series appears to have a pretty wide flange on top.

They aren't that expensive if you do the plastic with stainless ring. I spoke with owner at length about it before putting them on my 19 and he assured me he never had any come back broken. With the black and stainless ring, you couldn't tell they weren't all stainless unless you really looked in them and I never had an issue  

I just bought 2 of em with rings off amazon for $65 I think 

Archived