Opinions on 1999 2200v hull

bayoufishin

Looking into buying a 1999 Pathfinder 2200v and have seen a few references to the hull changing/improving in the early 2000's. Can anyone provide more specifics on the 99 hull and if there are really any significant design differences? I've seen that the layout changed some but that doesn't bother me as much as any performance differences in hull designs, i.e. if the newer hull design rides drier, faster, better in rough water, etc...

Boat has a 1999 225 Yamaha vmax 0x66 with a new powerhead (not sure if its actually new or just rebuilt) and the guy is asking 17,900, does that seem like a fair price?

thanks!

While the actual hull didn't change until the XL came out in the late 2000's.  The 2002 and newer boats had some significant interior improvements.

1.  In 2001 rear scuppers instead of the side drains.

2.  In 2002 large front hatch and fiberglass lids on the front rod boxes.

I had a 2000 year model 2400v with a 200 VMax....had the self bailing drains in rear bulkhead rather than floor like newer models, but I never had any problem with water in the cockpit until I put the F250 on it. Those OX66's 2 strokes are rock solid...mine had almost 1700 hours on it when I sold it to buy the F250. 

the hull you're looking at is super light. 1275 lb dry hull weight according to the spec sheet on my 02 model, which makes it a great boat for getting skinny. still does good in a chop too. i've had mine since new in 02 and at my age, don't think i'll ever buy another boat. you can have all kinds of improvements done to the inside if you're not happy with the stock lay out.

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

I had a 2000 year model 2400v with a 200 VMax....had the self bailing drains in rear bulkhead rather than floor like newer models, but I never had any problem with water in the cockpit until I put the F250 on it. Those OX66's 2 strokes are rock solid...mine had almost 1700 hours on it when I sold it to buy the F250. 

https://lakecharles.craigslist.org/boa/6035708671.html

This is the specific boat I'm looking at. Is there any specific thing that usually causes those ox66's to blow? too much ethanol use, oil injection goes bad, fuel pump goes bad etc? Everything I've read and know about them says they're as reliable as 2-strokes get but something caused it to blow and I'd want to make sure that was fixed.

I'm gonna try to find out if it's actually a new powerhead or if it was rebuilt. Hopefully they threw a new powerhead straight from yamaha on there. Rebuilds can be done right but also very wrong so not sure I would trust it without a long convo with the guy who did the work.

I bet your boat flies with a f250!

I have a 2000 so the layouts are virtually the same. Only difference I believe is perhaps anchor locker storage. But that boat looks supe clean and well maintained. 

I really like mine. It still serves the purpose just fine. 

12 hours ago, bayoufishin said:

https://lakecharles.craigslist.org/boa/6035708671.html

This is the specific boat I'm looking at. Is there any specific thing that usually causes those ox66's to blow? too much ethanol use, oil injection goes bad, fuel pump goes bad etc? Everything I've read and know about them says they're as reliable as 2-strokes get but something caused it to blow and I'd want to make sure that was fixed.

I'm gonna try to find out if it's actually a new powerhead or if it was rebuilt. Hopefully they threw a new powerhead straight from yamaha on there. Rebuilds can be done right but also very wrong so not sure I would trust it without a long convo with the guy who did the work.

I bet your boat flies with a f250!

That's a good looking boat, looks well maintained. Check the engine out....verify the rebuild, but...those engines are rock solid. 

Archived