2400 water in the bilge

Ms. Magoo

I have a year old 2400trs and I have always gotten water in the bilge. I was told that water gets into the bilge from the cast net locker.  Does that sound correct or should I expect a dry bilge? After washing the boat on my lift I have to run the bilge to pump out the fresh water. 

12 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Any and all compartments below the floor lever, drain to the bilge. My 23 HPS has two in-floor compartments, cast net locker and battery compartment (behind the leaning post) and both drain to the bilge.

Gunnel mounted rod holders do also.

16 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Any and all compartments below the floor lever, drain to the bilge. My 23 HPS has two in-floor compartments, cast net locker and battery compartment (behind the leaning post) and both drain to the bilge.

So doesn't the rear deck hatches. 

On 3/15/2017 at 4:02 PM, Ms. Magoo said:

I have a year old 2400trs and I have always gotten water in the bilge. I was told that water gets into the bilge from the cast net locker.  Does that sound correct or should I expect a dry bilge? After washing the boat on my lift I have to run the bilge to pump out the fresh water. 

The cockpit drains to the outside , unless you have a hole / crack / or loose hose clamp....then it drains into the bilge.  Check those lines while water is draining through cockpit floor drains....just a thought. 

Archived