Redfisher "Shoot Thru the Hull" Transducer Location.

M.A.

I have a '14 18' Redfisher,  and want to install a Fishfinder/GPS Plotter,  and have been toying with the idea of the 'shoot thru the hull" transducer. Has anyone installed one of these down in the bilge, and where exactly did you epoxy it in?  Any help is appreciated!

I put one in my 2400 Pathfinder with clear silicone RTV just to test it and see how well it would work...the plan was to go back with epoxy after being satisfied with how well it worked or didn't work. Turns out: it worked really good and I never went back to epoxy it because it stayed secured with the clear RTV silicone adhesive. I sold the boat 2 years later and it still worked just fine. Not that it matters, but it was a Garmin fishfinder/gps /etc.

I mounted it on the port side of the keel, about an inch forward of the bilge pump, just a hair off the keel center line.  It sits at just a slight angle, not completely flat. No issues with the thickness of the hull, No issues with the bottom scanning sonar either. The only thing that does not work is the water temp sensor, but I don't care about that. I took the boat out before siliconing it down, and moved the transducer around until I got the best reading from it. I marked the spot with a Sharpee, cleaned the area with some acetone, and siliconed it down. Works great. 

Archived