BoatBuckle Transom Tie Downs

Big Dave

I had two stainless steel BoatBuckle transom tie downs installed on my Ram-Lin trailer. This is an awesome product. But, last weekend when I got home from a day on the water, one of them was missing; the other was loose. So, I had to order a replacement (unfortunately, did not find an option to purchase a single, so had to buy a new set for $100). I tried to install one earlier this week and had a major problem with the bolt and nut that was included in the package: it locked up before being fulling tightened --- and I really struggled to get it off and replace it. Now I know why the original BoatBuckle was lost and why the 2nd one was lose. I suggest you throw the stock hardware away and buy some new stainless steel ones. And, get stainless steel lock washers as well.

Now for the prop's to BoatBuckle. I emailed the company and sent a picture of the defective bolt. I had a response the next day, with a commitment to send me a new single stainless steel BoatBuckle for my trouble. The Customer Project Coordinator thanked me for advising them of this issue and acknowledged they had some issues with older lots of stainless steel hardware and have since been shipping a different set of stainless steel hardware with the newer lots. Still, I would purchase high quality stainless steel hardware to secure this very well made product.

IMG_4581.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same exact issue. An extremely frustrating evening. Something that should have taken me 5 minutes tops ended up taking almost 3 hours.

I ended up having to use bolt cutters to get the new bolt that was half way on off. Went to a hardware store and bought new hardware.

1 hour ago, triplec said:

Add to the fact them darn hooks always rust and I have emailed Boat buckle to ask about a stainless hook option but they won't do it...looking at a competitor who offers stainless hooks but haven't heard from anyone who has tried them:

http://www.trailerdepot.com/products/tdms0214.html

Those look like a good option and cheaper.

Archived