2016 2200trs 200 Yamaha clicking noise

Tgreg1

Hi all. I went to launch my boat today and when I walked around to get it set I heard some sort of clicking noise coming from the engine. When I looked at the switch panel nothing was on. Come to find out I left both batteries in the on position. Still figured it shouldn't matter as I have it plugged into charger while in my storage. Needless to say batteries were dead and even when in emergency start it wouldn't turn over (had more juice in emergency start but not enough). The net net is when I put the key in ac I think the noise that I heard when I walked behind the boat started again. Now I'm thinking maybe I left the key in ac with the battery switches on when I last used the boat. What would make the noise in the engine when the key is on ac? (And drain the batteries)

38 minutes ago, Tgreg1 said:

Well that makes sense. Also found out when I put boat back in storage that someone unplugged my charger cord from outlet so wouldn't even have to be that bad a drain. Thx for the info. 

Someone unplugging it may have been a good thing. Don't know how long it was since you used it but the whole thing could have caught fire with a an overworked charger.

The clicking noise you heard could have possibly been your transducer on. If you leave the batteries on you'll have power to your machines regardless which position your key is in. This way when you're fishing and turn your boat off your machines will still work. Transduces make a clicking noise when powered up and this will drain your battery. Had similar situation on 2015 24' TRS was making clicking noise on trailer found out it was machine still on and transducer firing. Machines will stay on unless you turn machines off with button on machine or turn batteries switch to the off position.

29 minutes ago, Flying Guppy said:

The clicking noise you heard could have possibly been your transducer on. If you leave the batteries on you'll have power to your machines regardless which position your key is in. This way when you're fishing and turn your boat off your machines will still work. Transduces make a clicking noise when powered up and this will drain your battery. Had similar situation on 2015 24' TRS was making clicking noise on trailer found out it was machine still on and transducer firing. Machines will stay on unless you turn machines off with button on machine or turn batteries switch to the off position.

This is what I would think. Mine is pretty loud.

Archived