2006 18 MA

hurricane

On 3/22/2017 at 11:52 AM, conocean said:

I've got an acquaintance that's contacting the seller and he may hire a surveyor to check it out if they can agree on price.

Only one pic, but seems like its priced good. Assuming the boat is in good to fair condition. Ya lets us know what happens, would like to see more of the side console layout.

Hurricane, good to see that someone else out dying to find out what happens here.  

You always know when the fishing is good, because the reports dry up on forums like this.   After months of noise about 18 MAs, this one popped up and everyone went dead silent.  

Apparently, there's a lot of fishing going on.  Bet that seller is wondering what the hell happened  - he posted his ad and went out to get his newspaper and saw a crowd of 10 guys in a fist fight in his front yard!

55 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Hurricane, good to see that someone else out dying to find out what happens here.  

You always know when the fishing is good, because the reports dry up on forums like this.   After months of noise about 18 MAs, this one popped up and everyone went dead silent.  

Apparently, there's a lot of fishing going on.  Bet that seller is wondering what the hell happened  - he posted his ad and went out to get his newspaper and saw a crowd of 10 guys in a fist fight in his front yard!

Nah.... as fast as the last one went, I'd guess the interested parties are tight lipped on this one.

Price seems high to me. For 24-25 You can get a 2004 redfisher 21, or a 21 master angler. Shoot I bought my 2007 sterling 22 with 250 hpdi for 24500 which is a heck of a lot more boat for the dollar. 

I'm in the market right now but the only thing that would tempt me would maybe be one with a 175, but I don't think I could bring myself to pay over 20 knowing the other things I could get for that money.

It does seem high - but I'd bet that thing will go fast at the 20-22K range.  Hard to find an 06 - one of the last ones made.  Finding a post 2000 18 MA with a 4 stroke is like finding a unicorn - when you find it, you sorta pay whatever you have to.  There's a reason that they fetch higher prices than redfishers and dollar/foot than 21's.  

Having said that, this one's side console is gonna hurt it, unless someone particularly likes a side console. Someone gets this thing for 20K, they will be getting a good deal - 22K it's a fair deal.  I don't know that I'd pay more, but I wouldn't have much hope for getting it for much less if the condition is perfect.   

Archived