2001 Cobia 230 WA Owners Manual/Specifications

Hello everyone! My husband and I recently purchased a 2001 Cobia 230 WA, and I'm on the hunt for a copy of the owners manual. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find one? I have searched Cobia.com, MBCboats.com and searched the internet with no luck. Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I just purchased a 2001, 23 WA with a 200 HP ox 66 motor (195 Hours). I have the owners manual and a video that came with the boat and the Cobia case it came in. Let me know if I can help. Thanks, RV P.S. Mostly it has manuals for aftermarket add-ons but it has all the wiring , fuel, and pumping, diagrams.

1326693443-boat.jpg.a5f90a0e20178993d6f4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 1/16/2012 at 1:05 AM, crjron said:

Hi, I just purchased a 2001, 23 WA with a 200 HP ox 66 motor (195 Hours). I have the owners manual and a video that came with the boat and the Cobia case it came in. Let me know if I can help. Thanks, RV P.S. Mostly it has manuals for aftermarket add-ons but it has all the wiring , fuel, and pumping, diagrams.

1326693443-boat.jpg.a5f90a0e20178993d6f4

What materials are used in the stringers and transom for the 2001 23 WA.  I have my eye on one and need to know this information before I pursue further inquiry.  Thanks for your feedback and you are the first I've seen that may be able to help me.

Ray

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll try to help, but some background in 12 volt wiring would help. First you need a multimeter to test for voltage and continuity. You can get a multimeter for about $25. Then, you need to find a switch that is still functioning. You do this by checking for continuity.  Turn the switch on and touch the probes to the connections on the bottom of the switch. If you hear a noise coming from the multimeter, then you have continuity, so the switch is working. You will use this switch to test all your wiring to determine what each wire connects to.  

You should have a distribution panel, where 12 volts comes from a battery to the panel. You will have a red and black wires supplying 12 volts to the panel and they will be larger (heaver gauge) than the wires coming out of the distribution panel, going to the switches.  Use your multimeter to test for 12 volts at the distribution panel. If you have 12 volts then move to testing the wires for the switches.  The negative wires going to your switches will all be black in color and the positive wires to the switches will be red or multi-colored. Plug the black and red or multicolored wires to the switch and flip the switch on. Then, look for lights to come on or pumps to run. Once you determine what that particular wire is connected to, use a label maker and label the wire. 

You could try downloading the wiring diaphragm from the 2012 post above. There might be some information in that post that would help.