Bow Cushions?

pbandjga

I have a Pathfinder 2200 that I am trying to make more appealing to my wife.  If I can create a comfortable area for her to layout, I'll be good to go.  I thought about SeaDek for the bow, but that's not enough cushion for her.   Whatever I do needs to be removable for when she is not onboard. Do any of you have any other suggestions?  If so, please let me know (and post pics). Thanks!

15 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

What kind of bean bags ? Are they waterproof ? 

I guess they are waterproof.  If they need any cleaning, I just hose them off.  She caught them on sale at West Marine.  They sure are comfy!  We use them all summer long. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 4:19 PM, pbandjga said:

I have a Pathfinder 2200 that I am trying to make more appealing to my wife.  If I can create a comfortable area for her to layout, I'll be good to go.  I thought about SeaDek for the bow, but that's not enough cushion for her.   Whatever I do needs to be removable for when she is not onboard. Do any of you have any other suggestions?  If so, please let me know (and post pics). Thanks!

"I am trying to make more appealing to my wife".  Here is a very smart man!

Laurie LOVES being out on the boat...the fresh air, the sunshine, the suntan lotion applied very thoroughly ... you NEED some good cushions out there!

Here are mine, made by Phil Herzog, Stuart Florida...

58f5e73668047_MissLaurieIV-5.thumb.jpg.2819d56c10d4dfd371ad3906d512a2a3.jpg

58f5e7cf0d7fd_MissLaurieIV-6.thumb.jpg.02dba45c0192dfe5ae45c75bd515e27e.jpg

58f5e852ec22c_MissLaurieIV-7.thumb.jpg.7b16c4c6e8a0578e950f646527268933.jpg

Note that he has designed these so you can still reach the hatch lid catches while the cushions are in place.

Good luck out there - don't forget the baby oil.

47 minutes ago, FROZEN said:

Ron,

Looks great!!!

Question.... is the center cushion anchored foreword, or just the four snaps pictured? Do you ever have that cushion flip up at higher running speeds?

Yes, the center cushion has two snaps, one on either side, under its forward edge.  The rod locker cushions also have snaps under both the forward a rearward sides.  All cushions stay in place at speed, never had one come loose.  Don't forget, they are just below the level of the deck so are out of the main air stream.

That said, i would not trailer with the cushions in place!

Archived