Walk around gunnels on a Pathy?

whichwaysup

So, here's a dumb question.   One of the main reasons I love my flats boats is the walk around gunnels.  With as wide as a Pathy is, why wouldn't they make 'em with walk around gunnels too??  A buddy of mine and were debating this for awhile, and we couldn't think of a single bayboat that offered walk around gunnels, even though many have similar casting decks in the bow to a flats boat.

I can't think it would be too high if it works at the bow.  Thoughts?

I don't think the pathys need walk around decks ,especially if you have a T-top.  The casting will be done on the bow and stern.  On  my LT tackle I cast from all over the boat and have room for 3 casters to cast at the same time.  T tops are great for sun ,but not for casting,especially fly rods.

12 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I try all the time to convince myself I could use a Pathy, but I love walk on gunnels. Holding onto a top like a jungle jim isn't for me.  21 fusion (no top) is my favorite Pathfinder but they are few and far between 

Let me rephrase. One out of ten times while walking the gunnels on my Pathy I may reach out and touch the t-top simply to reassure myself that all is well.

4 hours ago, bernieNC said:

Let me rephrase. One out of ten times while walking the gunnels on my Pathy I my reach out and touch the t-top simply to reassure myself that all is well.

You beat me to it !  It is pretty comfortable to walk from the front casting deck to the rear. I am pretty sure i would do it the same way with no top in place. 

I walk all over mine as well, one of the reasons I went with a Pathy instead of another bay boat with angled gunnel tops.  I could measure but i think its a good 10 inches wide on my '08.  I do have a T top on mine that i can grab but i don't need it unless its windy.  I wouldn't fight a tarpon from there, but its nothing for me to run up and down with a fish or to run get some more, bee-, i'm mean bait from the back. 

Archived