MA 21. Fuel tank?

johnd

Thanks John  you beat me to it!!! Would have posted yesterday but due to the issue I drank away my problems!!!>:( Tank has not been pressure tested as I am having a hard time finding someone in the area that does this. I am borrowing a small camera to check things out. I found the tank under the main driving seat with a hatch (not big enough to remove the tank). I think the leak might be upfront as the hatch closest to the fill cap and vent seem to have a strong odor. When I pulled the  drain plug about 3/4 of a gallon of water came out with approx. 1/16" of fuel on top and the tank was complete full. Will keep everyone posted and if anyone has any suggestions let me know. A buddy told me to buy the pressure kit for 50 bucks which I might do after I use the camera.

Update, looks like the vent line has come off to cause the fuel issue. The hose seems to be short and not sure how but came off (hose clamp still tight). looks like I need to make a piece of about 2 inches and should connect back up. thanks for the help! was worried I would have to cut into some fiberglass and the boat be down for too long!

Tall Dave has lots of fuel hose & vent hose (after putting 2 new tanks in the GB)...-and of course lots of clamps, but as you would expect every freaking clamp Dave buys is military aircraft spec.  Yeah, I changed about 20 on his 'new' boat, being small enough to fit in those places Tall Dave doesn't. :)

Great to hear JD, the thought of a sawzall on your beautiful boat was disconcerting 

Archived