new kid

qwackerwacker

hello all. hope this is where I start. just moved back to east coast of fl, have a storage issue, so looking to downsize. I have an 02 18.5 master angler at present. looking to go with a 16 footer and fold away tongue option to sqeeze into garage. prefer ac or hewes, but open to all. john @ 863-221-1616 thanx !!

Knock out a wall or get rid of the garage door, you don't need a door, do your best to keep it. Just kidding, If you can't keep it go down to a 17MA.

You will have no trouble selling it, they've been flying off the shelf lately. Where were all these boats when I was looking?

Are you planning to go to the everglades or stick to the bays and rivers on East coast.   If you need to go way back country 17 or 15 HPX.  I have a 15 HPX that is great for the skinny water.  Hard to find now that they are out of production.  !7s are great boats as well.  Good luck with the decision.  BTW I'm an old F--t as well.

On 4/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, qwackerwacker said:

just planning to do a bit of river and freshwater fishing with my grandkids-that's why we are here !!

If fishing with the grandkids in the lakes and rivers is all you plan to do, you might consider something like a Carolina Skiff. They have a center console model, they are wide and very stable. Not the best ride, but if you're not going far and out on nice weather days, it won't matter. Just a thought.

48 minutes ago, hurricane said:

If fishing with the grandkids in the lakes and rivers is all you plan to do, you might consider something like a Carolina Skiff. They have a center console model, they are wide and very stable. Not the best ride, but if you're not going far and out on nice weather days, it won't matter. Just a thought.

I agree with Hurricane. I fish with a buddy a lot out of a Carolina Skiff and it's totally a great skiff. You can pretty much customize it however you want as well. Great value and very popular with commercial guys too so if you needed to sell it it wouldn't be difficult. 

Another thought is a older BW Montauk,great kids boat and 16.5 ft.  Very stable with railings all around. 20yr old boats can be still in very good condition and pretty inexpensive.  Just get one with newer power. They will go into pretty shallow water.  I have owned one for 20yrs. 

Archived