Swivel mount for console electronics?

palmetto1

Looking to mount a 9" unit on the center console on my MA.  Thinking it would be nice if you could rotate it around so you can see it from the front while fishing.  

In the old bass boat days we used Johnny Ray Swivel Mounts.  I know RAM mounts can be moved around but never had a large unit on one.  

Ideas?

I tried ram mount one time. It shook a lot. I do not know if others have had the same experience but i did not care for it. 

I had a small console but with a flat surface toward the back. I cut a piece of pvc pipe to use as a riser and used the top mount bracket on top of it. I also placed a small stainless plate the with of the inside of the mount inside the mount and rand a stainless bolt through the mount and pvc pipe to inside the console. I could not swivel it, but it was very sturdy. 

I have a ram mount, it works great for what you are asking it to do. Only issue I have is in semi rough water, it soemtimes.will change position, gets kinda of aagravating at times. On my 17, I couldn't mount it directly to the console because my steering wheel and throttle woukd be directly in the way.

Archived