CCA Tampa - Silent Auction PowerTech Prop Winner

FunFlatsFishing

Marcus & fellow MBG owners. I recently won a PowerTech prop (up to $750 value) at the CCA Tampa event in the silent auction. I have a 2005 Pathfinder 2200V TE with a Yamaha F150 and currently run a PowerTech OFX4 prop.  

Now that I am the winner of this new prop, what should I get? 3 blade??? Give me your thoughts.... this would be for a back up and maybe a pleasure prop to the sand bar here in Tampa. 

Might try an OFX3, could be a little more efficient and have a better cruise speed. I think here in Tampa you really don't need that great hole shot that a 4 blade gives, since most the shallow water areas are idle zones. If not a 3 blade, talk to Marcus and get something new and wild!

By the way. At the CCA event they really pressure you into bidding haha. I left there with a new prop and a trip down to Boca Grande. 

I intended to set an autobid up to my "max" and accidentally went in at my max right out of the gate. Great deal none the less. 

Plus the wife got to raise her hand during the live auction so she thought that was cool. 

Archived