Trolling motor battery charging

Steveden

The charging light, second one down, will be red when taking a heavy charge, will turn orange when taking a relatively low charge.  You will get a green light when in a maintenance mode. Once the orange light comes on you are good to go, but I let mine go to green when time allows.

You batteries were in a low charge level,so the charger took longer than normal.  If you use a trolling motor for a long time it will take quite a while to get back to full charge. BTW it is best to charge the batteries when you return from a trip,keep the charge up to high level for battery health and longevity. 

On 4/16/2017 at 1:58 PM, Steveden said:

It's a  ProMariner Pro Sport 20Plus 3 bank. It looks like it's charging. So is there a green light that appears when completed?

thanks

IMG_2236.JPG

I have the same unit...it works very well....just a side note...HB has been installing them on all their skiff's for quite a few years with no complaints...

It doesn't have charge on the run which many on this forum like; however, for me, I don't overnight camp etc..and I've never had a problem getting a charge overnight.

As mentioned, the key to good battery life is immediate re-charge when you return...don't let it go for two weeks...and insure you have good water levels if using wet cells.

DC

Archived