Wiring Help Needed 07 Cobia 250WA

Need help. The map light mounted under my radio box needed to be replaced. This light ***embly also had a switch that turned on/off my rear spreader lights. I have a new LED map light installed but can not figure out the wiring for the spreader lights. Obviously I have something wrong. Seems the only two wires I have remaining go directly to the power point and the ground block. I have obtained a new switch to activate the spreader lights but the remaining wires do not go to the spreader lights.

not sure where to post this so I tried both spots....

The old light ***embly had two different switches that totally deteriorated. The new LED light I purchased has a pre-wired switch with a black and red wire exposed for hook up. When I removed the factory light ***embly I was left with four wires. One goes to the power supply block and one goes to the ground block. The other two must be the wires to energize the two lights. I purchased a two pronged switch to energize the spreader lights, but i need to know what wires go where. Because the new LED light has a prewired switch I know that I only need to attatch a hot and ground wire. The problem is that I am left with two wires that neither goes to my spreader lights. I am guessing that the non-energized wire that I have currently hooked up to the black ground wire must be the wire to energize my spreader lights but it is currently acting as a ground for the LED light. My thought is that if I remove the non-energized wire from my LED light I will discover that this is the wire that needs to be attached to my switch. And of course I am working the next few nights so not much time to mess with it, and it is driving me crazy.

Archived