1979 Bonefisher

Cdjones328

Hey all been lurking around the forum for a while. Finally got me an old lappy! Drove down to the pan handle from nc to pic her up. Not 100% on rather its a redfisher or bonefisher, stickers say bone while title says redo.O.  Anyways...hull is a little rough but solid, inside is pretty nice, previous owner has all 3 batteries in the rear would like to move them forward. Id like to use it this summer and do some restoring in the process. All help and insight is welcomed, I have no idea where to start. 

GOPR0496.JPG

GOPR0495.JPG

GOPR0494.JPG

GOPR0497.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I used my gopro and uploaded them off the SD card on my laptop.  Congrats on your boat! I've noticed in choppy water I can feel the floor flexing...😣 does this mean I need stringers? I disn't want to cut her open cause it's prime time redfishing here in nc! If I do have to do stringers how much of the deck do i have to cut?

I can't say for sure that it means stringers, but it wouldn't be surprising. Probably have to redo the floor regardless.  I'd plan on pulling everything. May as well do the transom while you're in there too.

added thought: Try walking barefoot, bouncing on the balls of your feet, to see how much of your floor is bad.

After further investigation my floor really only feels soft in between stringers and around the console. Also should I move batteries all the way foward or under console? I have 3 under the seat and I think I want to turn it into a livewell.    

I'm not sure about your boats gas tank . Is it in the front under the casting deck ? And here's a little trick I learned when working for a boat builder . They used to put extra batteries in the bow like you said to move the weight forward . We would build shelves in the bow locker just big enough to fit the box and battery in and strap it down . Another little bit of useless information for you is I met a guy down here that has 100,000 lbs of all different fiberglass cloth for sale if you need it . I picked up three rolls of varying sizes for under 200 bucks . If you need any I can ask for you ? 

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

Nice!! My tank is in the same spot as yours.  I may have to take you up on that.  Do you know if the guy has any core building materials like foam or coosa board? Also I just noticed where you asked about the lappy boats, the lappy refers to the lapstrake look our boats have on the sides.  

Cool thank you for the Lappy clarification, and he doesn't have any coosa board I asked him lol . He was telling me he uses a lot of that pvc board which I'm trying to learn about now . I was going to do some exploring on my transom to see how bad if at all it is . Would love some coosa myself. And yeah if you want the number I'll send it to you , he's a good guy and a huge source of information too . 

Archived