Livewell Demo

slyshon

FYI

This guy http://keepalive.net/ made and perhaps still makes double tube overflow stand pipe for the purpose of taking the water out from the bottom of the livewell as apposed to the top.

I have one he made for me years ago. Need to tell him what boat etc on the phone.

I also bought an aerator attachment to use instead of the normal nozzle in the live-well that uses a air injection tube and venturi setup to pull in air and make a bunch of bubbles.

TX Travis

On my current well I have the Venturi effect discharge as well. It is my opinion that the efficient "bottoms up" exchange rate is far more effective for bait keeping where I fish here in 10K. Without that you have well oxygenated, but polluted water in the well. Add to that the no snag design and "lip" they have around the well and you have the best design I have ever seen. Hats off to MBC for the design.

FYI

This guy http://keepalive.net/ made and perhaps still makes double tube overflow stand pipe for the purpose of taking the water out from the bottom of the livewell as apposed to the top.

I have one he made for me years ago. Need to tell him what boat etc on the phone.

I also bought an aerator attachment to use instead of the normal nozzle in the live-well that uses a air injection tube and venturi setup to pull in air and make a bunch of bubbles.

TX Travis

Be very careful about your bubbles. Fish extract oxygen from water and not air. Too many bubbles for bait that swims will foam their gill plates and actually inhibit their ability to extract oxygen from the water..

Water exchange rates are the only way to insure good baits. Those exchange rates must be of low velocity and high volume to insure the healthiest of baits.

A good even flow through the entire water column will be the best.

When is the last time you have seen bubbles and high velocity water holding bait fish in the wild.

OK I messed up the post

Be very careful about your bubbles. Fish extract oxygen from water and not air. Too many bubbles for bait that swims will foam their gill plates and actually inhibit their ability to extract oxygen from the water..

Water exchange rates are the only way to insure good baits. Those exchange rates must be of low velocity and high volume to insure the healthiest of baits.

When is the last time you have seen bubbles and high velocity water holding bait fish in the wild.

OK I messed up the post

That is why the above video is showing water exchange with no dead areas. The multiple inlets reduce the velocity yet supply the same GPM flow and the flow is designed to roll or move the entire water column. No dead spots, no dead bait. ;)

No blasting of baits from a spray nozzle.

Nice video Skip...used mine on the 2200 TRS first time this weekend at Devil's Elbow in Crescent Beach and was easy to get bait out without corners and without places for them to hide. Also liked the recessed stand pipe and plexiglas guard with the differing levels of the drain holes...Great design!

BlackShirt

Ok Skip, when will the retro parts be available for my 08 TE, the wife will kill me for buying a new boat for the livewell! Looks like the set up I looked at a couple of years ago at the MHP open house, had the plexiglas gl*** shield and all. Maybe time to start tinkering, add a valve and remove a recirculating pump?

Jim

Ok Skip, when will the retro parts be available for my 08 TE, the wife will kill me for buying a new boat for the livewell! Maybe time to start tinkering, add a valve and remove a recirculating pump?

Jim

Me too! Id love to have the plexi gl*** cover on my '05 TE!!!!! I also noticed the new well doesnt have a recirc pump.......what do you do when your in dirty/fresh water?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...