Torrent/Tempest Plus 21

Mitz

Hey Nate, i tested it on my contender 25 bay and was my 1st pick for 3 blade. In fact, it was the fastest prop I've test and could run very high on the jp esp at high speeds. prob tied for 2nd as far as mpg, only being beat by the eco but the eco doesn't like the jp and was about 1.5 mpg slower than the torrent. only reason I'm selling is bc i decided that i wanted to stick w a 4 blade as my main/general use prop and will be using the eco as my spare/max mpg/offshore prop. For the price, speed, grip and if i was only needing one prop than this would likely be it

what boat and engine are you running nate? Also, were u running the merc hub in the rev4? I have a merc you for quick changing/testing only. after i settle i run the rubex hub model RBX-203B, b for bronze. Much nicer...

I'm gonna stick with either the 21 or 22 pitch Bravo 1 FS as my 4 blade, leaning toward the 22 pitch.... I've heard a lot of good things about the ofx3.

What pitch rev4 did you run and what rpm? what are you currently turning the hs4 to? Im likely sticking w the 22 pitch bravo FS... i think u might like the bravo and prob would spin higher than the hs4. i could spin the rev4 19 to 6k 56.5mph... the bravo 21 to 5.8k ( i might be able to squeeze another 100rpm) but about 58mph. mpg is also better w the bravo.

Let me know if you want to give the 21 pitch a spin

I'm running a 2400TRS with F300. I got very similar numbers to you on the rev4 19p at 6k Rpms and 56 mph. Good to know about the rubex hub, I heard it is nicer than the flo torq. 

Im getting around 5600 and 57mph out of the hs4 so I would like to get a few more Rpms. The bravo fs is on my list and I should give it a shot before I take the hs4 down to a 20 pitch. 

Archived