Aftermarket swim platforms/dive ladders

justfish

i am looking to add a swim platform to my 22 and having some difficulty finding what I need and figuring out which one I need. I have heard the undermount ladders are difficult to stow, due to nor being able to reach the end to pull them in. But the above platform ladder can't seem to be used because you have to notch the platform for the trim tab...I bought the one below (except 3 step) and ran into that very problem so sent back....

I had an Armstong dive ladder  on last Pathy and liked it but think with having a newborn he'd appriciate playing on and jumping off the platform more.  I feel like there is also a bit of safety factor that the platform is always there and I can get back in if I do go off.  Maybe that's silly, but I've tried to get in these boats before without and it's pretty ugly.  

So what are you guys using for aftermarket platforms? 

image.png

S.,

I found below on the web and talked to a local fabricator about similar design. Quoted $700 installed. He going to draw it up as wide as possible, make 3 step and more substantial, and angled back to help my large and old tail out during scalloping. What do you think?

M.

100_8478.jpg

11 hours ago, FROZEN said:

Outlaw,

Please PM me when you are ready. I like the looks of your design and have a good shop to do the install. I have an 08 2200TE, port side install, with Lencos.

NO better in da area dan da Outlaw....Ralph nose his *** !!!

He made me a great platform and he did Capt DonH's old T platform....excellent craftsman.

dc

• 2 weeks later...

So ...

I was able to make a jig for this platform .

Was also able to locate mor locations for the bracing .

The braces can go about 6" above the platform, just under the rubrail , or under the platform about 6" on inboard side .

The platform can not have any ladder at all to allow for a s/s pull out ladder .

Also the ladder can be made any length .

Emails will be sent soon . 

🇺🇸☠️

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

Archived