Cooler Replacement

Good Tidings

:/ I have to replace both of the coolers on my Pathy... 2006 2000V.  I am not one to spend big $$$ for a cooler to throw fish in on a regular basis.  The main thing I can't find is the cooler/seat in front of the console of similar size.  I do not want to have to drill holes in the deck for new anchor straps or tie downs unless absolutely necessary.  Any suggestions? 

And if you cant figure it out....I am bad about NOT tying them down while under transport.  Lost both front and rear coolers on successive trips from being blown out while trailering.  One of these days I'll learn my lesson.  :/:/

not familiar with the tie downs on your boat, but on my 02-22, they were hole in the floor with a insert to hook a bungee to. it sucked. i made a rack or cage to fit the cooler and the legs of the rack covered the holes in the floor. i have the 72 qt igloo, but since then, i have made cooler racks for all kinds of coolers. an added feature of this is that you can store your drift sock or anchor there when moving from one location to another. might be a solution for you. by the way. that is the original 02 model igloo in there. i think the hinges and latch have been replaced 5 or 6 times and the cushion twice. it also gives you more rod and cup holders.

Cooler Rack 2.JPG

Cooler Rack.JPG

I'm on my third Igloo Marine Ultra 72 in 12 years for the console seat.  I figure at one every 5 years I'll save a bunch over the high end coolers.  If you throw a towel over the ice before you close the lid they will keep ice longer than most people need them to.

Mine didn't fall apart, but the lids started letting rainwater in, which was an issue because I use it for dry tackle storage sometimes.  Igloo suspected they were warping from some extra large fishing buddies perch fishing for hours at a time.  Probably right.

I finally opted for the simplest tie-down system I could think of and it's been working great for a couple years.  Stays put just fine.

tiedown (480x640).jpg

Archived