F150 low rough idle

dabear

Now that we're talking about it, sometimes when I start the boat and drop it in gear it just dies, not very often but when it's acting up it will do it a couple of times in a row and then be fine for awhile. When it does it I have to drop it in gear pretty quick and get it off idle but it runs fine once it's moving at anything above idle. 

Since you're not the only one with this issue I would do some digging to see if Yamaha has done anything to remedy this before dropping the coin on another one. FWIW I fished on an old Bonefisher 18 with a new ProXS 115 (4-stroke) on the back, all I can say is wow! I know it's a lot more money changing the rigging over but maybe something to think about. 

Looks like it is a done deal , I ordered a 21- K pro series Yamaha prop to run on my soon to have SHO 115. Curtis and Paul at family boating have again treated me like part of the Family Boating family, I am going to trade the F 150 in on a SHO 115 .All  the final details should be done some time tomorrow . But it's a done deal . Anyone looking to repower should check out Family Boating Center . They always have treated me fair .  Joe Raimondo 

Mulligan, several things helped me go towards the SHO 115 and not the SHO 150, Most trips in the past have been with me fishing the front of the boat and my wife in the rear,fishing the two of us the boat was fairly level in the water . Things change the grand kids fish with us a lot and more people fish in the back of the boat. With 100 less lbs hanging on the back side of the transom  the boat will be more balanced with the new larger crew. The unplanned motor replacement cost will be easier on the bank account with the 115, I will miss 60 plus MPH  but with all the idle zones and 25 mph speed limits in the area I fish we can't run the way we did in the past. So weight/balance-money/$-draft would be the reasons for the 115. It was not a easy pick. Joe R.  

Mulligan I have a 25 M pro series prop in the garage that Steve custom prop worked on let me know if you could use it. 

I have a 150 VMAX on my 18 Red Fisher. When repower time comes I'll be looking at your 115 SHO or the Suzuki DF140 (a 115 block). I'm no speed demon; and getting the right prop / engine match is all you need for the enjoyment 

Archived