SHO 115 performance on 18 HPX

dabear

5 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

I looked at a 17HPX with a SHO 115 Friday. He said it was a mid 50s boat at best.

The 17 or 18? I have no idea so I'm not saying he's wrong, I just woulda though the 17 would be faster. My 18 would do low fifties with a F115TLR / 21K three blade and all kinds of oyster rash. 

The 17HPX with the SHO 115 was said to run mid 50s. I thought it was weird too. I assumed it as a high 50s low 60s with a SHO115

27 minutes ago, jason p said:

The 17 or 18? I have no idea so I'm not saying he's wrong, I just woulda though the 17 would be faster. My 18 would do low fifties with a F115TLR / 21K three blade and all kinds of oyster rash. 

I fished an 18HPX with a 4 stroke 90 with 3 guys. It was plenty fast enough and got on plane with no trouble, based on that I would say a 115 would be just fine.

I was just looking at Family Boating Centers web page, they list an 18HPX with 115 as sold. Maybe they could put you in touch with the owner, if he's local maybe he could give you some info, or even a ride. 

Send a PM to Intheslot. He had an F90 on his 18HPX and repowered with a 115SHO. I don't think he was very impressed with the minimal increased speed and added fuel consumption. I was thinking about repowering with the same motor until I got his opinion. Still loving my F90!

This will be interesting. I would think that he would of seen a 8 to 10 mph gain going from a F90 to a 115SHO . Thanks for sending him a E Mail it will be great hearing from some body that has a SHO 115 on a 18HPX.  Joe R

Archived