Prop size for Yamaha 115 on 1806

Chopfinder1806

Hi guys.  New to the forum here as i have just purchased a 1999 Pathfinder 1806  with a 2003 Yamaha 2-stroke.  I've only taken it once for a test since getting and I think I may be under-propped.  Hole shot is out of this world but runs 30mph @ 4500rpm and will turn over 6000rpm WOT.  What are you guys running on your 1806s?

Mark

I can't recall off the top of my head, I want to say it's 17 pitch. I always run an RXB4 that is for sure a 17p, but has been worked over quite a bit. Me and another guy have done a bunch of messing around with props on our 1900v's and for out of the box, the SCD4 is the way to go. I believe the 1806 is a bit lighter than the 1900, so you might be able to swing a 19p. I think, if it were available, an 18p would be perfect for the 1900 and probably your boat too. 

On 4/30/2017 at 7:53 PM, BradM said:

I can't recall off the top of my head, I want to say it's 17 pitch. I always run an RXB4 that is for sure a 17p, but has been worked over quite a bit. Me and another guy have done a bunch of messing around with props on our 1900v's and for out of the box, the SCD4 is the way to go. I believe the 1806 is a bit lighter than the 1900, so you might be able to swing a 19p. I think, if it were available, an 18p would be perfect for the 1900 and probably your boat too. 

I'm sure it is much lighter.  All of the literature I've seen say dry weight is 1,050lbs.  I do want a 4 blade.  I'm looking around local to see what I can demo for it.

Thanks

Archived