JL MX650 speakers with 400watt amp hearing at wot

OldestCityLocal

Maybe with a JL amp, there's tons of guys on here that can speak on that. I'm running 8" panasonics in the console and a kenwood amp and I can't hear dick at wot. At say 40mph I can sorta hear it without cranking it, but if you can hear it at that point it's prolly not good for your ears anyways

OCL,

If you can mount the speakers in the front of your cockpit facing rearward. It will help with the sound and yes you will be able to hear them while running. I have the JL speakers and 200 watt JL amp and can hear mine while running wide open.

2nlwv1x.png

If they are facing you like Lurem's has is you should not have any problem hearing them while running.  I have 2 in the front bulkhead and 2 in the console.  While running I can turn the console speakers off and it really does not effect the sound at all as all I hear is the tunes from the bulkhead speakers.

23 hours ago, OldestCityLocal said:

Thanks guys. Currently have westmarine 6.5. thinking the JLs will be much loaded and cleaner. 

I went from the WM 6.5s to JL MX770s. I mounted the JLs forward and they're facing aft. They need an amp. I can hear at speeds, but they're distorted. An amp is definitely in my future.

Archived