Trim/Tilt sender ?

wayne

I have an 09 F90 with command link gauges and my trim gauge is no longer reading... I know it's not a big deal but it bugs me when things don't work.. I've tried to trouble shoot it myself so I can avoid dealing with a shop working on my boat... I've worked my way from the gauge back to the sending unit and all the connections are good and not corroded. Ever other function of the gauge works perfectly just not the trim .. When I put an ohms meter on the sending unit, it cycles up and down like I would think it should.. The only other thing  I can think to check would be if the sender is out of spec (wrong ohms). Anybody know what range the sender should be or how to get it?  or anything else I should check?  

I pulled it apart again and checked the sender collar you advised.. Everything is mounted up solid, if there is an issue there I can't see it... The one thing I found that concerns me is, there is one .25 volts going to the sender and it's on the black side of the pink/black wires that connect it... When I trim the motor up and down it starts at 38-40 ohms at all the way down and around 333 all the way up... being that the signal leaving the motor is digital, I'm not sure I could check it with my meter..

Archived